Fashion’s love affair with the chignon continues in the Mrs Press show this week.
The Hair Director for the show was Lance Blanchette, the International Guest Artist for Joico and he was inspired by the 30s-40s.
Classically pretty, the hair (and makeup) compliment the clothes and the look is relatively easy to achieve at home.
Opt for one low chignon or two, and bring out your whimsical vintage side…
HOW TO GET THE HAIRSTYLE
- Starting with clean dry hair apply K-PAK Thermal Design Foam (mousse) and blow dry the hair using your fingers to create a soft natural texture.When finished apply a very small amount of K-PAK Color Therapy Styling Oil to add shine from the scalp to ends.
- For thinner/fine hair
- take a low diagonal side part
- pull the hair back into a soft natural ponytail
- For thicker hair
- part the hair in the centre front to back
- pull each side into separate soft natural ponytails.
- Twist the ponytail around itself to give a softly textured chignon.
- Secure with bobbie pins. It is ok to have loose pieces exposed.
- To hold the style in place, spray with Design Collection Flexible Shaping Spray.
- Hair should be kept close to the head and whimsical.
Design Collection Flexible Shaping Spray RRP $29.95
K-PAK Color Therapy Styling Oil RRP $26.95
K-PAK Thermal Design Foam RRP $26.95
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!