Fashion Week is in full swing and the focus is not just on the clothes but the hair and makeup too.
We are loving the classic hairstyles from the Carla Zampatti runway, chignons which would disguise any bad hair day and add a little urban sophistication to your look.
The Hair Director for the show was Lance Blanchette, the International Guest Artist for Joico. He describes the look:
“The look for Carla Zampatti, a classic chignon, was inspired by the timeless glamour of the collection that heavily featured backless dresses and sleek suits.
The hair needed to compliment each look and there is nothing more sophisticated and beautiful than a feminine, elegant chignon.”
ACHIEVE THE LOOK WITH JOICO:
1. Starting with clean dry hair apply K-Pak Thermal Design Foam and blow dry the hair using your fingers to create a soft natural texture.
2. When finished apply a very small amount of K-Pak Restorative Oil to add shine from the scalp to the midshaft avoiding the ends for a different texture.
3. Part the hair in the centre and pull to the back in a soft natural ponytail and spray with Design Collections Texture Spray to create a distinctively different texture from the scalp “grainy surface texture “
4. Dependent on how thick the hair is separate the pony into two or three sections. Working on the first section, fishtail braid the hair to the end and repeat on the final two sections.
5. Wrap each braid around the ponytail to create an “of the minute” chignon.
6. To hold the style in place, spray with Design Collections Flexible Shaping Spray.
K-Pak Thermal Design Foam RRP $26.95
K-Pak Restorative Oil RRP $26.95
Design Collections Texture Spray RRP $29.95
Design Collections Flexible Shaping Spray RRP $29.95