Mercedes Benz Fashion Week kicked off to an interesting start with hair styles that are almost as talked about as the fashion. For the Lisa Maree show it was pony tails with a difference – they were in stark colour contrast to the rest of the hair.
Redken Hair Director, Marina Ardino was working behind the scenes to create the long, straight blonde ends and here is a rundown of the style.
The ponytail is back for the new season and it is bold. At the Lisa Maree runway, the style was reflective of a classic style made modern. Redken Hair Director; Marina Ardino commented, “this morning we created a fresh take on the traditional ponytail. The colour contrast and featured top twist was created to capture the confident but playful elements of the Lisa Maree show. The sharp style really makes the fashion pop.”
- Prepare by applying Redken Argan-6 Oil to dry hair. Starting at the nape, section hair diagonally. Iron through each section to create smooth and straight finish.
- Using the pupil of the eye as a guide, create a deep V section from the top; section off this top piece for later.
- With a comb, gather sides and nape sections to form a clean ponytail. Position in line with the ear and secure. Freely spray Redken Forceful 23 to create a dry polished look all over.
- Return to top section. To add texture, work through Redken Rootful 06, flattening and twisting hair tightly. Bring the twist into the ponytail and piggyback together over the first ponytail.
- Iron ponytail and finish with Redken Forceful 23 to smooth fly-aways.
- Redken Argan Oil 06 $29.00(RRP)
- Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray $26.95 (RRP)
- Redken Rootful 06 $29.95 (RRP)
FOR YOUR NEAREST REDKEN STOCKIST, PHONE: 1300 650 170 OR VISIT WWW.REDKEN.COM.AU
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!