The following is a how to from the book tiled “Great Hair” Elegant Styles for Every Occasion by Davis Biton
Going to a hairstylist before every special occasion can be both expensive and time-consuming. It’s much more convenient, and very easy, to create the perfect hairstyle right at home! Here are 100 classic, salon-quality styles that any non-professional can handle, all shown with full-colour photographs that detail every step, as well as information on essential supplies and basic techniques.
There are “dos” for any length, mood, and occasion, from a night out at the hottest club to the fanciest wedding. Select from elegant chignons, waterfalls of curls that cascade down your back, or loose, playful tendrils that frame the face. Some have jewel or flower adornments, while others feature braids, twists, and hair weaves. Every look is beautiful and unique.
Hair How To: Cascading Waterfalls
1. Wash and blow dry hair. Curl the hair into loose ringlets with a curling iron.
2. Make a right side part from the brow to the crown.
Backcomb the hair at the crown.
3. Backcomb a round section of hair at the crown.
4. Brush the front hair at the middle of the head over the backcombed section. Secure with a seam of pins at the back of the head.
5. Divide the front hair on the right side of the part into front and back sections. Brush the back section into a flat strip and draw it backwards towards the seam of pins.
6. Wrap the hair over the seam of pins to conceal it and secure on the left side.
You can find this along with many other gorgeous hairstyles in the book: Great Hair: Elegant Styles for Every Occasion by Davis Biton
Available from all good bookstores.