Read on for your chance to win!
EXPERT STYLE GUIDE with Sheree Lunn
Stylists to the stars (clients include Kim Kardashian, Kanye West and MIA), British born New York based hair stylist Sheree Lunn is one of the most trusted names in the biz. Sheree is known for her fab of-the-moment styling and she sat done with us recently to show us how to do the perfect Retro Flip as seen on fellow New Yorker Scarlett Johansson.
“This look is hot right now because it’s a great way for a mid-length hairstyle to take on a retro evening look. It brings attention to your eyes and looks polished in a chic pin up kind of way. Pair it with a lick of rose coloured lipstick, a dusting of blush and a belted dress and you’re transformed into a retro goddess in moments. “
Here’s how to create the look at home:
Step 1: Wash and dry hair with your VS Sassoon Big Hair Styler, which dries, smooths and shines hair in one go, while adding volume. The rotating motorised brush combined with hair dryer can be held in one hand making it all very easy.
Step 2: Create an off-center part.
Step 3: Take small parallel sections of hair from parting and curl upwards holding the VS Sassoon miniPRO Ceramic Tong at 45 degrees.
This tool is ideal for the glamour girl on the go, not only does its high heat and ceramic barrel distribute heat evenly for silky, smooth results but its dual voltage allows for worldwide use.
Step 3: Continue to do this working around the head, so the root of the hair is flat, and the ends are curled upwards. Remember curling the hair around the back can be less important, as it will be pinned up anyways.
Step 4: Once all hair is curled, use a brush and your fingers to break up the curls for a softer look and pull up into a messy bun, using your hands to place hair so it flips away from the face.
Step 5: Play around with your hair to ensuring hair is flat on the crown, and all hair should be curled upwards from the mid level of the sections into the retro flip. Spray.
Make sure you have a mirror so you can check yourself out from a profile and see that the proportion of the flip looks good from every angle.
We have two VS Sassoon miniPRO Ceramic Tongs to give away so you can make this look happen! For your chance to win one tell us why you want this Scarlett Johansson look using the comment box below.
Please use a valid email address so we can contact you if you are a winner. Competition closes 10th July 2012 midnight AEST.
Terms and conditions
– All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
– One entry per person.
– Prize not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
– Competition open to Australian residents only
– Entries are only valid if all required fields have been entered. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
– All entries become the property of Beauty and Lace. Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties unless required for claiming of the prize.
– We reserve the right to make changes to the prize and competition if required.
– Winners will be notified by mail or email.