Recently, on day 6 of MBFWA 2016 John Pulitano, Hair Director for Redken created an up do for Oscar De La Renta.
When asked about the style he said:
“The ethereal chignon I created for the OSCAR DE LA RENTA Show showcases a fusion of classic elegance and modern edge. WIND BLOWN 05 Dry Finishing Spray created weightless texture and workable control.”
CREATE THE LOOK
1. Gently mist ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray onto the hair and finger dry creating a natural workable texture.
2. Spray WIND BLOWN 05 Dry Finishing Spray through hair and blow-dry. Create a loose centre part and create two side sections, giving you 3 sections in total… left-side + right-side + back.
3. Tie the back section into a pony tail at the crown of the head using your hands to give the base natural movement. Then arrange the front two sections back into the same pony.
4. Pull out the bottom of the pony near the nape to create subtle movement.
5. Wrap the ponytail hair in a long hair net and pin up into a chignon.
6. Sprinkle POWDER GRIP 03 Mattifying Powder into the hair framing the face and pull out a few fly-aways.
7. Tidy and polish the chignon using FASHION WORK 12 Versatile Working Hairspray.
- ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray RRP $30.95
- WIND BLOWN 05 Dry Finishing Spray RRP $32.95
- POWDER GRIP 03 Mattifying Hair Powder RRP $23.50
- FASHION WORK 12 Versatile Working Hairspray RRP $29.50
REDKEN 5TH AVENUE NYC is available nationwide from selected professional salons.
For your nearest REDKEN stockist call 1300 650 170 or visit www.redken.com.au
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x