Global Creative Director for Redken, Guido Palau was behind the scenes for Marc Jacob’s at New York Fashion Week – Autumn / Winter 2015.
This is the look that was used on the runway, read about the inspiration and a step by step of how to achieve the hairstyle at home:
Inspired by Ida Sitwell and other grand ladies from the 40’s & 70’s, REDKEN Global Creative Director Guido Palau achieved a chic and sculptured style for the runway at Marc Jacob’s A/W 2015 show. To create the defined shape, Palau used REDKEN Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to achieve a clean, sleek blow dry before pulling the hair up into a tight top knot at the front of the head. To modernize the look, Palau left the ends of the top knot sticking out, sculpting them into the perfect shape with REDKEN Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray.
“This season, the Marc Jacobs woman is very chic, uptown and pulled together. Marc felt that he wanted to see something that was much more considered – not an easy, breezy look. The hair is slightly 40’s and 70’s, with inspiration from grand ladies and chic women like Lady Ida Sitwell, whose looks were very thought about and pulled together – there’s no accident in their beauty. It’s really a very simple knot at the top of the head, but the key is the sculpture of the head shape, which elongates and accentuates the neck very much like a swan. I used REDKEN Guts 10 as my foundation product, which I applied throughout the hair and then blow dried the opposite direction, from the base of the head up, getting it super clean. The ponytail is right in the front of the head, and I created a simple knot with the ends sticking out, using REDKEN Control Addict 28 to get that piece that sticks which adds the modernity that’s needed to really perfect this look.”
CREATE THE LOOK
1. Work a quarter-size amount of REDKEN Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam into damp hair
2. Blow dry hair straight from the base of the head upward
3. Gather hair into a high ponytail at the front of the forehead and secure with an elastic
4. Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap around the elastic band so it doesn’t show
5. Twist the ponytail into a tight chignon and pin with open fasteners, leaving the ends exposed
6. Spray REDKEN Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray all over, focusing on the ends of the chignon that are sticking out to hold the shape
- REDKEN Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam RRP $30.95
- REDKEN Control Addict 28 Extra High-Hold Hairspray RRP $27.95
REDKEN 5TH AVENUE NYC is available nationwide from selected professional salons. For your nearest REDKEN stockist call 1300 650 170 or visit www.redken.com.au