Fragrance is often a trigger for emotions and memories and in our daily lives fresh smelling scents can sometimes enhance our mood and alter the way we feel. head & shoulders new Apple Fresh shampoo and conditioner delivers powerful anti-dandruff action and superior cleaning performance while maintaining deliciously scented hair all day long.
Available from October 1st in all leading supermarkets and pharmacies, the Apple Fresh formulation works together with head & shoulders’ powerful anti-fungal HydraZinc formula and new Pro-Clean technology to evoke an invigorating hair experience.
Often, external elements including the use of everyday styling products, blow drying and exposure to pollution leave our hair feeling and smelling unpleasant. Dandruff and scalp issues can also affect hair’s fragrance. Through collaboration with fragrance designers, perfumers and external fragrance houses, head & shoulders Apple Fresh delivers a beautifully vibrant and complex combination of crisp fruits, florals and clean musks, from ingredients including emerald apples, lilies and Asian pear.
Stacy Hertenstein, head & shoulders Senior Perfumer comments: “Fresh smelling scents can actually lift our mood. In response, head & shoulders has designed Apple Fresh, incorporating multi-layered fragrance and fresh ingredients for a delicious scent that lasts throughout the day.”
Lais Koelle, head & shoulders Principal Scientist, explains “The dandruff causing Malassezia fungus is not only present in the scalp, but also at the upper most part of the hair follicle (which holds the root of the hair), where it becomes possible for the fungus to hide and evade treatment. The fungus eats the oils produced on the scalp, the break down of these oils result in other substances, mainly fatty acids, which may omit an unpleasant odor. head & shoulders Apple Fresh contains unique HydraZinc technology, which ensures the shampoo and conditioner system tackles the cause and symptoms of dandruff from the first wash (in removing the fungal source of dandruff compared to a non-anti-dandruff shampoo; for visible flakes only, through continued use), leaving the hair and scalp feeling and smelling fresh.”
Head & Shoulders Apple Fresh formula is comprised of four main active ingredients:
- HydraZinc: A powerful anti-fungal formula to remove dandruff and unwanted sebum.
- Pro-Clean Technology: Removes oil and grime more efficiently than ever before, with a new and improved blend of cleaning actives to deliver superior cleaning performance, leaving less residue and allowing hair to stay fragrant for longer.
- ZPT particles: 50 times smaller than a strand of hair, ZPT particles are positioned to efficiently remove the dandruff causing Malassezia globosa fungus.
- Coacervates: These networks of active conditioning ingredients hold down the HydraZinc formula during rinsing, ensuring ZPT particles stay on the scalp surface and continue to deliver benefits after showering.
head & shoulders Apple Fresh Shampoo 200mL RRP – $5.99
head & shoulders Apple Fresh Conditioner 200mL RRP – $5.99
We have 3 prize packs up for grabs, each contains:
1 x head & shoulders Apple Fresh Shampoo and Conditioner set 200mL
1 x head & shoulders Sensitive Scalp Care Shampoo and Conditioner set 200mL
For your chance to win tell us why your hair desperately needs this prize!
Competition closes 26/02/14 midnight AEST. You must be subscribed to the Beauty and Lace newsletter OR a Facebook fan to enter. Make sure you use a valid email address so we can contact you if you are a lucky winner
Terms and conditions
– All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
– Prize not negotiable, and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
– One entry per person
– Competition open to Australian residents only
– Entries are only valid if all required fields have been entered. No responsibility accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries.
– All entries become the property of Beauty and Lace. Your details will not be given or sold to any third parties unless required for claiming of the prize.
– We reserve the right to make changes to the prize and competition if required.
– Winners will be notified by email
Hi, I’m Anna the Editor of Beauty and Lace. This website was my first baby and since its launch, I’ve gained three kids, a husband, and a puppy! We want to keep this space positive, we are all about sharing the things we love – and avoiding the things we don’t. Happy reading x