Redken Artist and Ambassador Jon Pulitano, from Headcase Hair (NSW) flew to Milan and Paris on a whirlwind tour to work backstage on the major designer shows alongside Creative Consultant for Redken, Guido Palau.
Jon shared his tips on how to get the Louis Vuitton Spring Summer 2011 runway hairstyles:
At Louis Vuitton, the hair was a highly polished twist, set close to the head. The look was very sophisticated and rolled into a V-shaped twist. We saw a lot more ‘smaller’ head shapes with hair this season.
Larger styles with height or volume weren’t as apparent this season.
Create the look:
- Prep hair by blow drying Wool Shake 08 into the hair with a large round brush.
- Create a left side part and pull out the first 2 inches of hair above the right eye
- Create a swoop with this hair so it covers the right eye.
- Beginning on the right side of the head, take the longer portion of the section that just covered the eye and begin twisting the hair inward, adding more hair as you twist and create the twist in a diagonal shape towards the nape of the neck.
- On the left side, begin twisting hair inward adding more hair as you twist diagonal towards the nape of the neck.
- Once the two sides meet, twist the hair into itself and secure with pins.
- Finish with Redken Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray for hold.
– Redken Style Connection Wool Shake 08
– Redken Forceful 23 super strength finishing spray
Beauty and Lace is an online magazine for women. We hope you enjoyed this article!